- We Sort, Scour and Card your fleece before Spinning it into your preferred finished form. It can be Pure or Blended and either Woollen or Worsted Spun and returned to you in Balls, Hanks or on Cones.
- We have an inhouse dyeing facility: NFC Dyers who can match any colour you choose and provide a range of dyeing services
- We are fully licensed by the Soil Association, and undertake Organic Processing on a biennial basis.
- We can process directly from scoured fleece or tops.
- What kind of yarn do you want and how do you plan to market it?
As a rough guide allow £60-100 per finished kilogram for knitting yarns, including VAT and carriage. The precise price depends on whether you choose woollen or worsted spinning and what format your yarn takes (cones, skeins or balls, with or without labels). Our minimum order of 20 kilograms will, after the fleece is scoured, generally yield an average weight of 10-15 kilograms so the total cost should fall between £600-1,500 depending upon many factors. If you plan to use your yarn for weaving, the yarn spinning will be cheaper, at around £600-800 for the minimum batch, but bear in mind that spinning and then weaving 50 metres of cloth with a traditional weaver will cost up to £2,000 overall, from which you will have enough to make about 20 throws or 100 scarves.
- Follow this link for further Advice and Information about adding value to your fleece and ff you are considering processing your fibre for the first time take a look at our Case Studies to read about some of our other customers and their experiences. The Wool Journey, our Blacker Thoughts Blog provides more information to guide you through every stage from field to final product.
We are supporters of the Campaign for Wool, have Made in Cornwall accreditation and belong to several manufacturing and textile industry groups including UKFT, MAKE UK and Made in Britain. The British Wool Marketing Board is the monopoly purchaser of wool from flocks with four sheep or more, although there are exceptions for minority and rare breeds and for those who want to add value to their fleece.
We are always delighted to take enquiries so why not email or call us - we will be very happy to help!