The Natural Fibre Company is a British company. Although most of our customers are from the UK, we also process fibre for customers in Belgium, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden and even the United States. In 2012 alone, this website was visited by people from 119 countries and this remains typical of our audience.
As we process all the fibre used in the manufacture of Blacker Yarns products, all of which carry our name, the Natural Fibre Company is known all over the world. To see in more detail what we do and how we do it, follow this link. German speaking customers may want to check out what we do and how we do it by downloading this file.
Blacker Yarns exports over 30% of its on-line sales, half of these going to the United States. The other major international purchasers are Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, Switzerland and France. Blacker Yarns has a joint venture operation with a farm at Swan Inlet in the Falkland Islands the yarns from which are sold under the name Blacker Swan.
- Languages. We are able to respond in English, American English, French and basic German;
- Import and export. We can arrange the international import and export of greasy and finished wool and yarns;
- Transport. We are able to arrange courier, pallet or larger transport depending on your requirements;
- Fibre processing. We have processed sock yarns from Swedish mohair, weaving yarns from Netherlands rare heathland sheep, and for a customer in Germany, organic merino from Argentina. If you're looking for a specialist fibre or blend, we are the people to ask. We also have several small flock customers in France and Belgium. We are happy to process orders from 20kg raw fibre to 1 tonne and above, and to make output from 15kg of finished yarn upwards;
- Currency. We quote, price and invoice in GBP sterling (£). We accept direct bank transfers and credit cards, and for a small surcharge, Paypal. We are able to give indications of prices in non GBP sterling, but these will not be firm quotes;
- Weights and measures. We work in metric weights and measures, but can translate into imperial weights and measures and also provide equivalents in yarn specifications from NM and Tex to YSW or Worsted count;
- Estimates and quotations. We are happy to work from raw fibre, but cannot then guarantee yields, and therefore prices. The eventual price will be for the amount of finished yarn made. So quotes on this basis will be estimates. In this case we will give you a price for processing rather than for output. If you prefer, we can give you a finished price based on an estimated yield which will allow for potentially lower yields. Please read our terms and conditions.