The Natural Fibre Company is based in Cornwall in the southwest corner of the UK. Although most of our customers are from the UK, we have also processed fibre for customers in Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden, Italy and even the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Our website attracts visitors from approximately 120 countries each year.
As we process all the fibre used in the manufacture of Blacker Yarns products, all of which carry our name, the Natural Fibre Company is known all over the world. To see in more detail what we do and how we do it for trade customers, follow this link. German or French speaking customers may like to check out what we do and how we do it by downloading this file auf deutsch or this file en francais.
Blacker Yarns exports over 50% of its on-line sales, half of these going to the United States and Canada. The other major international purchasers are from Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, Switzerland and France and designers all over the world use our yarns in their creations. Blacker Yarns has a supply partnership with farms in the Falkland Islands, the yarns from which are sold under the name Blacker Swan. We are also part of the Made in Britain campaign, a network of trusted and transparent British manufacturers promoting British made goods and services.
- Languages. We are able to respond in English, American English, Polish, French, Russian, basic German and some Czech;
- Import and export. We can arrange the international import and export of greasy and finished wool and yarns;
- Transport. We are able to arrange courier, pallet or larger transport depending on your requirements;
- Fibre processing. We have processed sock yarns from Swedish mohair, weaving yarns from Netherlands rare heathland sheep, and for a customer in Germany, organic merino from Argentina. If you're looking for a specialist fibre or blend, we are the people to ask. We also have several small flock customers in France and Belgium. We are happy to process orders from 20kg raw fibre to 1 tonne and above, and to make output from 15kg of finished yarn upwards, with smaller sample quantities available by arrangement;
- Currency. We quote, price and invoice in GBP sterling (£). We accept direct bank transfers and credit cards. We are able to give indications of prices in non GBP sterling, but these will not be firm quotes; customers should note they may have to pay transaction costs and customer duties or taxes
- Weights and measures. We work in metric weights and measures, but can translate into imperial weights and measures and also provide equivalents in yarn specifications from NM and Tex to YSW or Worsted count;
- Estimates and quotations. We are happy to work from raw fibre, but cannot then guarantee precised yields, and therefore the final cost of your order. The eventual price will be for the amount of finished yarn made. So quotes on this basis will be estimates. In this case we will give you a price for processing rather than for output. We can give you a finished price based on an estimated yield though you should allow for potentially higher or lower yields. Please read our terms and conditions.
VAT Changes for EU Customers, Post-Brexit
Following the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the EU, customers based in the EU will no longer be charged UK VAT on Natural Fibre Company services. However, you may be required to pay VAT at your own country’s VAT rate when the goods arrive. This payment may be required before the goods are released by the courier. We have been informed that from 1 July 2021 onwards, a new system is due to be launched for e-commerce businesses to streamline this process and to avoid VAT registering in every EU country.