As a British woollen mill we hold traditional values yet we have an innovative and forward thinking attitude to our work.
- We use our support and expertise to help you realise your ambition. We always try to ensure you get the best possible products and services. Please download our Complaints, Comments and Praise Procedure if you wish to provide us with some feedback.
- We will keep you informed at every stage of the process, with each batch being tracked individually to ensure you get only your own fibre back in your chosen form. We store a sample from each batch on your file for any future work that you may wish to send to us, or change it a bit, or a lot, as required. The Summaries of our recent Customer Opinion Surveys are provided if you require more information.
- We believe in thinking on a global scale, as well as reducing our carbon footprint by supporting and buying from local businesses whenever possible.
- We source almost everything from Britain, as locally as possible, and we make everything onsite, and all under one roof.
- We believe in creating high quality products which are made to last. When good design is used, natural fibres can be turned into classic, elegant and hard-wearing products that reward those who value and care for them.
- We believe there is an important future and role for farming and for the countryside as the lungs and heart of the UK and other countries.
- All our customers and fleece suppliers receive advice on how to get the best fibre from their flocks. We aim to add the best value for customers, or to pay suppliers more than they would obtain elsewhere when they achieve the quality standards we have set. Usually we pay a premium for rare and quality wool and at least the market rate for mohair and alpaca;
- We do not believe in using oil-based or high energy input fibres when wool and other natural fibres are sustainable, high-performance raw materials providing warmth, insulation and comfort.
- Our staff do all they reasonably can to reduce the company's impact on the environment. We recycle most of the waste we produce and keep the remainder to a minimum.
- We believe it is right and in keeping with the social values of our organic processing accreditation to honour and respect diversity. We welcome and work with everyone equally, whether a customer, business partner or member of staff. We have policies in place to aim to keep everyone safe, in both physical and virtual environments.
- If English is not your first language our staff speak a number of languages including French, German, Polish, Russian and Czech.
We enjoy meeting our customers at the shows we attend each year. For the time being we are unable to run regular tours of the mill, however if you are interested in bringing a small group, or attending an Open Day, please let us know and we will advise you of the next available dates.