As part of our commitment to care for the environment and reduce our carbon footprint, we often recycle the waste materials generated from the various stages of processing that take place in our mill. We have a variety of mill by-products available to purchase including:
- Raw waste (dirty/greasy) – Free of Charge plus packing and postage
- Card waste (great for hand spinning/stuffing) – £10.00 per kg plus packing and postage.
- Noil waste (can be used as padding for dog beds, as an example) – £10.00 per kg plus packing and postage.
- Bobbin waste (for stuffing or craft based activities) – £5.00 per kg plus packing and postage
- Worsted waste/tops (for finger crochet/hand spinning) – £5.00 per 100g plus packing and postage
- Hard waste (small bits of spun yarn) – £5.00 per kg plus packing and postage
Please note that postage costs will vary depending upon weight required. It is possible to collect your orders from the mill by prior arrangement. If you are interested in using any of the above mill by-products for your own project or product, please get in touch with us via email: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Corporate Social Responsibility
We support a number of local initiatives from time to time including Freddie’s Fibre Friends, a Community Interest Company set up to offer sensory fibre craft to children with special educational needs and Totnes Spinners, who have raised funds for Ukraine by selling raffle tickets for a woollen blanket made with some of our mill by-products.