23rd July, 2012: I am amazed! I have been incredibly busy and clearly have neglected my avid readers! I'm so sorry! I have some really nice pictures to come and will post them in a few days. Meanwhile here is a quick round-up of news:
- lambs were shorn early as the rain was beginning to make the Gotland coats felt even before they came off
- lambs are growing well and now the rain has stopped for a while I hope their feet will improve
- we have a new Natural Fibre Company newsletter coming out next month, to make three a year in future and now that we are online
- my lovely cat, Ali, has a large tumour so is getting steadily weaker - still very good at hiding pills in her mouth for up to half an hour before nonchalantly spitting them out around the house though!
- busy at the mill with loads of incoming fleece and some interesting new jobs working with Wooly Shepherd on felt preparation and a soon-to-be-launched German organic knitting yarn: Rosy Green Wools
- meanwhile we are now making the lovely new Blacker Swan yarns to be launched this autumn and have some great pattern designs coming with them
- the Pure Wool book publicity is accelerating although the publication date has been postponed until 13th September
- we have had a second visit to the USA, attending and researching at the TNNA summer show in Columbus Ohio, where we met loads of new contacts and old friends - though this meant I missed Woolfest for the first time
- we went to Fibre East and had fun in the mud ...
All of these deserve more and there will be more! With pictures!